Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

I ask the help, friends!

Share your custom Gaia patches here! Download new Gaia patches here!

I ask the help, friends!

Postby alexdet » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 am

Very much I ask to help! At us in Russia, very few people have Roland Gaia. Not probably to find programs and files for a synthesizer. I, have learned to establish patches through USB, expansion SVD, but I can not establish files expansion (gaia, BUP.BIN) As, it to make?
alexdet

Re: I ask the help, friends!

Postby Rigil » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:57 am

Hi Alex,

Download Grauw's free editor, which allows you to save and load patches with the .gaia extension.

You can get it here,

http://www.grauw.nl/projects/gaia-tool/
Rigil

Postby alexdet » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:13 am

Thanks! But, I can't understand Grauw's, I am not able to use to it! I should know how to convert a file "gaia" in a file "svd". Or how to start on a synthesizer a file "gaia"?
alexdet

Postby Grauw » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:58 pm

If your GAIA is connected to your PC with the MIDI or USB cable, select from the GAIA tool menu: File, Open. Then select the .gaia file, and it will be loaded into the temporary patch and you can play it on your GAIA. If you want to keep it, use the write button on your GAIA to store it in one of the user patches permanently.

(Note, I would like to add support for reading and writing to the SVD file format in the future, but it will take some effort to decipher it, given that it’s undocumented.)
Grauw

Postby alexdet » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:31 am

Thanks, Grauw!!! I, have understood your program, to me knowing people have helped to understand with it. Very good program!
Many thanks from Russia!
alexdet

Postby Rigil » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:57 am

Glad you finally got there Alex. Grauw's editing program does exactly what most of us find useful. Now you can set the tempo of each individual patch. Very handy.

If you are using a windows based pc and require a view of the frequency spectrum, I use this freebie vst program

http://www.voxengo.com/product/span/
Rigil

Return to Gaia Patches