Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Share your custom Gaia patches here! Download new Gaia patches here!

Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Postby peanutismint » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:03 pm

A great song by a great band - REALLY simple synth line (I'm still a relative beginner!)

My version:

And the .Gaia:
Packt.gaia
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 790 times

Anyone else think of any great Radiohead synth sounds? I've always wanted to re-create the sound of the Ondes Martenot (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondes_Martenot) that is present in a lot of Johnny Greenwood's work....
peanutismint

Re: Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Postby ArthurDent » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:03 am

Everything In Its Right Place. Great song - great synth sounds, almost sounds like a Rhodes, till it starts morphing.

I love the pad that plays during the choral segment of Paranoid Android, keep meaning to try it, has a lovely thick phaser-y sound to it - probably not too difficult on the Gaia, either.
ArthurDent

Re: Radiohead - Packt Like Sardines In A Crushd Tin Box

Postby peanutismint » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:15 am

Hahah funny you should mention EIIRP as that's the one I started on after this one! :-) You're right, about it sounding a bit Rhodes-ey too, that's exactly where I started - found a Rhodes sounding patch and am tweaking the amp envelope to make it a bit more 'synthy' (to me it sounds like a Rhodes sound but without the natural decay/sustain of a mallet instrument? Just a long release....) and then will maybe assign filter resonance to the D-beam so we can emulate the bit towards the end of the track where it starts modulating!

Watch this space! ;)
peanutismint

Return to Gaia Patches