Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Wobble bass patches

Share your custom Gaia patches here! Download new Gaia patches here!

Wobble bass patches

Postby Rigil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:38 pm

I had a go a creating some wobble bass patches, that lemons mentioned in the technical talk section. I'm not sure if the Gaia can actually sound exactly the same as the youtube samples. But anyway here is what I made,

http://www.mediafire.com/?qc6jwx1u5hy713h

Please feel free to improve upon them.

Rigil
Rigil

Re: Wobble bass patches

Postby rob » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Very Nice!

Are tone 1, 2 and 3 on each patch identical copies just to make the patch bigger/louder?
rob

Postby Rigil » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Yes, I did these very quickly and copied each oscillator for speed of patch construction.

I don't normally do this, but on this occasion it worked ok.

Rigil
Rigil

Postby rob » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:19 pm

Seems like a decent technique to get a little more gain out of your patches that require only a single tone. I know that when I'm creating a bass patch it's tough to keep the volume up and still get low booming bass.
rob

Postby Isturite » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:30 pm

rob wrote:Seems like a decent technique to get a little more gain out of your patches that require only a single tone. I know that when I'm creating a bass patch it's tough to keep the volume up and still get low booming bass.

I found that running it through a compressor can really beef up the volume level. I run my synths through ableton so this is a bit easier than having a hardware compressor... but when I make a wobble and layer it with a sine for the sub, I usually have to turn down the other two osc's so I can really get some bass out of it, but it only goes so loud which isn't a problem for production but when ur playing live and you need to switch patches and one is significantly louder than the other. So I run it through a utility plugin and a compressor, which isn't good for reducing volume but if one patch is too quiet i can just press a button on my midi controller and it's limited. This also helps me improve the stale tone these digital synths have these days
Isturite

Return to Gaia Patches