Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Let's Share Some Patches

Share your custom Gaia patches here! Download new Gaia patches here!

Let's Share Some Patches

Postby gaiaadmin » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 am

I'm about 90% complete with my first custom bank of patches. I may load it up even with a few presets still in it just to get this rolling.
Coming soon!
gaiaadmin
Site Admin

Re: Let's Share Some Patches

Postby peanutismint » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:38 pm

Looking forward! :-)
peanutismint

Postby peanutismint » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Can I also say that I am a big fan of 'famous' synth patches, i.e. ones you'll have heard on well known songs that you can then use to play along to!

I've made a couple myself and would be glad to share, but I'm unsure as to how to share individual patches, rather than the entire bank.....??
peanutismint

Postby Rigil » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:54 pm

peanutismint wrote:I've made a couple myself and would be glad to share, but I'm unsure as to how to share individual patches, rather than the entire bank.....??

You can now use the editor that Laurens has created. It does this job perfectly.
I saved an individual patch on media fire and reloaded it back into the gaia in a different slot. Works well.

This board did not allow me to upload an individual patch, but I guess the attachment filters need altering.
Rigil

Postby peanutismint » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Cool; is this 'Laurens' the 'Grauw' guy or someone else? As I've tried their tool but can't seem to get it functioning on Mac... think he's working on it though! :)

Also, any idea if admins would be able to enable the attaching of .BIN files??
peanutismint

Postby Grauw » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Yes that’s me :). You might have more luck with the new version getting it to work on the Mac, try it in combination with the MMJ or MandoMidi things mentioned in the thread.

peanutismint wrote:Also, any idea if admins would be able to enable the attaching of .BIN files??

I wouldn’t share those bin files to be honest, they’re really unnecessarily big (although they get tiny if you zip them), and the only way to use them is to do a full backup restore and overwrite all my own patches. Instead it’s better to share the svd files, which you can just put on the memory stick and then access by pressing USB Memory Patch button.

But I sent an PM to Rob asking if he could enable attaching .svd and .gaia-files.
Grauw

Postby rob » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:08 am

Hey guys,

You may already know, but You can now upload .SVD and .gaia files. I've also enabled .bin files for those that want to share them. These do require a full restor though which overwrites all user patches.

Better to save a SVD so we can try your patches out on a USB stick. ;)

Rob
rob

Postby peanutismint » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:17 am

That's great, thanks!! Any idea if there's a post or website anywhere detailing the specifics of all these filetypes with relation to the Gaia? Like what does the SVD store? Or the .Gaia or .bin? And how can we access individual patches as opposed to whole backups?
peanutismint

Postby Grauw » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:55 am

.SVD files is the memory stick patches store format
.BIN is the backup format
.GAIA is the GAIA tool single patch save format

SVD files you create by just saving patches on your memory stick, or by copying your 64 user patches 64 to the memory stick. Described on page 56 of the manual I believe.
Grauw

Return to Gaia Patches