Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

I Love My Gaia!

Talk about anything related to the Roland Gaia.

I Love My Gaia!

Postby Orbit-50 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:04 am

I've read all of the negativity from all of the naysayers on the internet and none of it can sway my opinion about this synth. I would always look at the Gaia, and say to myself "get the hell out of here, I'd rather buy a System-1 or a Juno DXi or...", but after taking the time to take a good look at the SH-01, I realized what it actually is, and I fell in love with it. I call it "Ikutaro's Last Synth". I never really looked at the Aira line as his creation to be perfectly honest. I'm not going to say that the Aira line is no good, because they are freaking great. I actually own most of the Aira line. What I will say is the Gaia is extremely special to me because... well it's just too much to list.
I'll just leave it at this. The Gaia SH-01 is a very special synth. I will admit that in a lot of cases it's a pain in the ass to use, but it's well worth it to me. I'm glad they didn't discontinue it after all of this time because I feel I would have missed out on this gem. So for all you Gaia lovers out there, keep that candle burning. We've all got a little piece of Roland history here, and no one can take that away from us.
Gotta love that Roland!
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Orbit-50

Return to General Discussion