Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Gaia Case - DIY

Talk about anything related to the Roland Gaia.

Gaia Case - DIY

Postby rob » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:34 am

It seems to be extremely hard to get a road case for the Gaia, at least in North America.

Luckily I have a number of guitar hardshells kicking around. One inparticular was ruined by the girlfriend's cat years back. I had to rip some of the interior lining out to get the smell out, which left a surface that's a little rough to be putting a guitar body against.

One snowy night i needed to transport my gaia to a gig and did not want to bring it in the cardboard box, so I iprovised with this guitar case. The only modification I made was to knock out one wall of the middle compartment with a hammer.

As you can see this left me with a perfect sized space for the Gaia to sit snuggly in and an extra spot to fit cables etc, or in this case my electribe.

This case was for an Ibanex S-540 but I'm sure it's just a standard hardshell size.

rob

Re: Gaia Case - DIY

Postby Grauw » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:22 am

Nice :).

Roland is being slow with releasing the accessories! The case not available yet, and neither the software...
Grauw

Postby JefCostello » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi all, first post here, just wanted to know if anyone knows of any upcoming Gaia case since I really want to protect it from dust or any other elements.
JefCostello

Postby pez » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

JefCostello wrote:Hi all, first post here, just wanted to know if anyone knows of any upcoming Gaia case since I really want to protect it from dust or any other elements.

Hey man ;),

I got the gaia case, and i gotta say it's not much chop. It's essentially a soft case with these ridiculously weak backpack straps.
Also, I think the straps should be upside down, because the removable inner compartment bag can get pretty heavy (with leads, power supply etc), which means that when you throw it on your back, all that heavy stuff pushes down on your gaia.
Another thing is that there's nothing really there to strap or hold your gaia in place, which means that as the case stretches (which it WILL) it tends to move around a LOT.
And lastly, that white "hard shell" on the front, really isn't that hard, or protective of the gaia at all, it's actually VERY flimsy, so much so that I once threw a bag on top of it, and managed to dint the shell with the Mod/Pitch control. Definitely not good...

here's a link to the offending case in question:
http://www.rolandcorp.com.au/products/productdetails.aspx?p=1080&c=39
pez

Postby rob » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:59 pm

How much did you pay for the case?

Sounds to me like a used guitar case and a hammer may build a sturdier case! :mrgreen:
rob

Postby pez » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Hmmm. Don't remember exactly, but there wasn't a lot of change from AU$100.
Guitar case is definitely a better option :)
pez

Postby dab777 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 am

Goy a case for the GAIA at sweetwater/ $120 nice case.
dab777

Return to General Discussion