Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Save individual patches from USB to internal user memory?

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Save individual patches from USB to internal user memory?

Postby peanutismint » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:30 pm

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - any ideas if it's possible to save individual patches from a USB memory stick to patch banks in the user patches of the Gaia?? Have looked through the manual but it doesn't seem possible.... You can easily copy ALL of the USB patches to user patches but not one by one... Maybe Grauw's tool could do it somehow?!
peanutismint

Re: Save individual patches from USB to internal user memory

Postby Hold the Line! » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm

It should be possible to do it the same way as when you save your own on-the-Gaia-made patches. Select the patch from the USB memory stick, press the "write" button, select the desired location ... Haven't tried it yet, but I don't see how this could not work.
Hold the Line!

Postby Rigil » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:01 am

This is not too hard at all, but you do need to keep your wits about you or it is dead easy overwrite another patch.

1 - Press USER patch button - and select a user patch that is vacant and you don't mind overwriting - maybe write it down ie E2
2 - Press USB memory patch button - and select the patch that you wish to save onto USER patch.
3 - Press WRITE button - lights will start to flash, that is ok
3 - Press USER patch button - Hold down the BANK button - select a bank LETTER (ie E) - Press NUMBER (ie 2), so in other words you have selected the vacant patch location.
4 - Press WRITE twice and you will have saved the individual patch from USB to your chosen USER location.

Hope that helps.
Rigil

Postby peanutismint » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:19 am

Hey guys, thanks for the reassurance; as it turns out I was trying to do it in the exact same way as you described but it didn't work - because the patch I was trying to overwrite was protected! :D

I didn't realise the flashing 'protect' lock icon meant that it was write-protected, I figured it was just telling me I couldn't save a USB patch to the User location - silly me! I un-protected it, tried again, worked like a charm.

Thanks again!
peanutismint

Return to Technical Talk