Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

DAW resets gaia parameters

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

DAW resets gaia parameters

Postby rodan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:25 am

Hi All,

Ive been having an issue with the way my gaia works with my DAW software. Every time I click play it resets the synth to a clicky type sound and I have to reload the patch. I started first experiencing this with Reaper. It would happen just occasionally when clicking record everything would get reset and I would have to re-load the patch so I thought it was a reaper issue. Then I started using FLStudio and every time I start the transport it does the same thing. Resets the patch to an almost nothing slightly click type sound state. So Im wondering if there is something related, some parameter Im missing on the gaia or in my software that I need to turn on/off in order to stop the the midi ccs from resetting. Anybody have any clues? Im all out of ideas.

Thanks.
rodan

Re: DAW resets gaia parameters

Postby Rigil » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:49 pm

I use Reaper and certainly don't have this problem. Have you tried re-installing the driver software?

I still use 32 bit windows xp.
Rigil

Postby rodan » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Is the driver software just for using the usb cable? I am currently just using it through the midi jacks, and Im not sure if I have the drivers installed. Ill check when I get home.
rodan

Postby Grauw » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:09 pm

Maybe it’s recorded part of the patch settings sysex data? Try turning off the Tx Edit Data when recording (see manual page 53, also the Gaia Tool’s Sync button enables it). Or maybe Reaper has a setting to ignore sysex data.
Grauw

Return to Technical Talk