Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Arpeggiator Help

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Arpeggiator Help

Postby rhrock3 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:26 am

Hey Gaia Users
I have been tampering with the arpeggiator on Grauw's awesome gaia program, I'm not exactly sure what the steps to creating an arpeggio are.
Have any of you come across any useful video's that might help with understanding the process to this?
My ultimate goal at the moment is to re-create the arpeggio in the song "Jamaica" by Van She. I think its pretty complex after having an initial crack. Managed to figure out a simple arpeggio to "This boys in love" by The Presets, but not sure if I went about that the right way either.
Any help what so ever is hugely appreciated.
rhrock3

Re: Arpeggiator Help

Postby Rigil » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

I have had a tinker around with one of the patches on the Preset bank and have altered the arpeggio pattern to sound something like the Track you mention. I have uploaded the patches in 'Grauw editor' format, as I see that you are using his excellent editor.

There are two for you to load into the Grauw editor and play around with.

There is also a handy pattern editor that displays graphically what is happening, let me know if you want a link.
Attachments
VS Jamaica-1.gaia
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 1234 times
VS Jamaica-2.gaia
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 1207 times
Rigil

Postby rhrock3 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks Rigil! I've started having a go with it. If you had that link that might be handy.
I'm still a little confused as to the creating of an arpeggio but so far I've created some weird noises so better then nothing haha.
Thanks again for your help!!
rhrock3

Postby Rigil » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:39 pm

rhrock3 wrote:Thanks Rigil! I've started having a go with it. If you had that link that might be handy.

Join the yahoo 'SynthEditor' group and you will find it there...
Rigil

Return to Technical Talk