Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Improvements

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Re: Improvements

Postby nexgen101 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:53 pm

Hey !

Any news or progress.

I would definitely want one.
nexgen101

Postby Grauw » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 am

Do you have pictures to share? :)
Grauw

Postby Rigil » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 pm

Originally posted by djrevmoon

Darn, I've been so busy the last few weeks. Not much progress therefore. But I gather from the posts here that the project does appeal to quite a few folks. So I'll make a point of it in the next week. Shouldnt take too long now to complete, since i have the vector graphics file done now. I do need to source a nice material to cut it from. I'm thinking of this stuff: http://www.rowmark.com/laser/Flexibrass/Flexi.asp using the trophy silver finish/black text.

Cheerio!
Rigil

Postby Truffle » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:51 pm

Please count me in too, I'm very interested. I spend way too much time trying to look up key combos in the manual.
Truffle

Postby saltsticks » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:50 pm

bump
saltsticks

Postby samatron » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:47 pm

Great effort with this faceplate!
I'm stuck with the learn all the shift-functions myself.
It's not a synth you can get deep with without a manual.
As for all the v-link/shift functions.... that's a whole extra level of stuff.
Especially as there's now functionality in 1.0.3 through the v-link/shift interface that isn't even printed in the manual (PCM engine toggle: godsend!)

I'm quite interested in the VSTi side.
Got all the code books, but from what I understand, what's needed is a standalone virtual Gaia emulation VSTi. I'm thinking about writing one.
The sound quality wouldn't come anywhere close to the Gaia, but for being able to put together basic patch ideas when I'm away from the Gaia, that would be real handy.
So long as the VSTi matched all the functionality of the Gaia (sounds like a major project!).

Don't know how sniffy Roland would get about a homebrew Gaia VSTi clone. Probably get my ass sued off! Either that, or get hired by Roland on the spot...
samatron

Postby Eraserhead » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:57 pm

Hello,

New to this forum and came across this post. It seems like most of us are having the same experience with the Shift key. I am very interested in a faceplate like the one being talked about. It's fine to use the manual when I'm just working alone, but when working with other musicians, it's hard to remember what the shift key does. Has any progress been made with this? I'd definitely be interested in purchasing one. Please let me know!

Thanks,

Ryan
Eraserhead

Previous

Return to Technical Talk