Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Arpeggios... Is there a list?

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Arpeggios... Is there a list?

Postby Rayek » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:34 am

So, there are 64 different arpeggios programmed into the Gaia... I haven't found anywhere with a graph or something that shows the direction of the arps, whether they're one-key arps or what... Is there such a list? As soon as my Gaia shows up, I'm planning to make a few videos detailing all of the arpeggios preloaded into the Gaia, I'm sure more people have this question than ask it.
Rayek

Re: Arpeggios... Is there a list?

Postby Grauw » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 pm

I made a list… I can’t make any guarantees about the accuracy, it was made before I started working on my tool so the list isn’t pulled directly from the GAIA settings or anything and should probably be cross-checked, but it should be helpful nevertheless.

http://www.grauw.nl/etc/misc/GAIA%20Arpeggios.ods (OpenOffice spreadsheet file)

If you or anyone wants to take this list and make it nicer, say a nicely formatted reference pdf you can print, or adding graphs, please go ahead :).

If you would like me to dump all raw preset arpeggio settings (as you see them in the tool) in some plain format for further processing, I could do that as well, let me know.
Grauw

Postby Rayek » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 pm

This is awesome. Thanks a bunch, I like the comment on G-8 ;)

I can't attest to it's accuracy though, my GAIA is being slowly paid off at my local music store.
Rayek

Postby JefCostello » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:48 pm

I can't get Open Office to work on 64-bit Windows 7 and I don't have Office. Is there any other way to open this file?
JefCostello

Postby Grauw » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:51 pm

It’s probably not a helpful answer :) but, OpenOffice works fine here, also on Windows 7 x64.

Also open document that OpenOffice uses is supposed to be an open standard so probably there are other office suites and viewers for it… I believe there is also a plugin for Microsoft Office.
Grauw

Return to Technical Talk