Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Free Gaia Tool

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Re: Free Gaia Tool

Postby Grauw » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Grauw wrote:The only big problem with a library is that, I can’t copy directly from the library into the GAIA’s patches. Or rather I can, but the GAIA will forget everything once you turn it off! I’m not sure how to deal with that.

Looks like that 1.03 firmware update fixed this.
Grauw

Postby Rigil » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:40 am

How's the latest version coming along?
Rigil

Postby Grauw » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Pretty well! I need spend a weekend brushing it up for release though.
Grauw

Postby Rigil » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 pm

Excellent..that will be so helpful to get all of my collection of various patches, currently living on a number of usb memory sticks, into some semblance of order.

Cheers
Rigil

Postby Grauw » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 pm

I released a new version, 0.3. What’s new:

• Patch library to organize your patches!
  • Much improved synchronization. No control change should be missed now.
  • Improved Mac OS X integration.
  • Tabs in the patch view.
  • Windows and Mac OS X binaries.
Get it here: http://www.grauw.nl/projects/gaia-tool/

If you have any feedback be sure to let me hear it! :) Anything you miss, or that would improve your workflow…
Grauw

Postby Rigil » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:10 pm

Loving the new Editor, Grauw. The library facility is excellent and it's great to be able to organise patches into different folders and see at a glance what each folder contains.

Thank you very much for putting all of the time and effort into developing this program.

Are you planning to keep on developing the program, or is that it now?
Rigil

Postby Grauw » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:27 am

Good to hear!

Well there’s still plenty I want to do, e.g. I’d like to add support for the SVD file format, add edit history (undo/redo), improve the ease of use… But I can’t promise anything, it depends on motivation and time :).

Small improvements are of course always relatively easy to get in, finding a few hours to spend after work to help someone out is easier than a whole week-end for a big feature. And now that I don’t have a bug chunk of half-finished code any more it’s also easier to make smaller releases again. So if you think something could be done better or more convenient don’t hesitate to ask.
Grauw

Postby Rigil » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:56 am

I agree, it would be great if the editor could recognise an SVD file and untangle all of the sysex to present them as individual patches, in the left hand column.

The other, might be the ability for the program to read the patches on any USB memory stick, plugged into the back of GAIA. Also, to allow editing of the patches stored on the same memory stick.
Rigil

Postby Grauw » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:25 pm

Just released version 0.3.1, which fixes a couple of bugs. See the release notes for details.
Grauw

Postby basanders » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 pm

To Gaiaadmin, Thanks for setting up this site - it has been really useful for me. Cheers.
To Grauw, Excellent tool - thaks very much - works perfectly on my Windowws 7 64 bit PC
Is there a version compile for use with an Android tablet?
Cheers,
basanders

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Talk