Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Initialize patch?

Ask questions and tell others how you work with the Roland Gaia. Share your discoveries and ideas.

Initialize patch?

Postby peanutismint » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:22 pm

If I'm trying to create a sound by ear I like to start with a patch that sounds similar and then work from that. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, the Gaia can't copy tones between patches (correct me if I'm wrong!).

So, failing that, and not wanting to over-write the 'similar patch', I'm left with starting from scratch. I'm wondering if, therefore, there's a way to 'initialize' individual patches back to their most basic levels and work from there??
peanutismint

Re: Initialize patch?

Postby Rigil » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:11 pm

peanutismint wrote:Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, the Gaia can't copy tones between patches (correct me if I'm wrong!).

I think you might find this useful.

1- Find a spare slot in your user bank area and remember the bank letter and the patch number.
2 -Then select a 'starting patch' from the preset area, if that contains the original sound you wish to edit.
3 -Then press ' write' and press 'user patch'.
4 -Press 'bank' followed by the letter of the bank that you which to use.
5 -Press the number of the patch in that bank.
6 -Press ' write' again and the patch will be saved in the user bank area.
7 - Start to edit and alter the patch to your requirements.

peanutismint wrote:I'm wondering if, therefore, there's a way to 'initialize' individual patches back to their most basic levels and work from there??

To create a new blank patch, this must be done in the user patch area or on a usb stick.

1 Select the patch that you wish to 'initialize'
2 Press 'cancel and write' simultaneously
3 Press write once and it flashes, then press it again to initialize.

I'm not sure if that is entirely what you wanted, but I hope it goes a little way to help.
Rigil

Re: Initialize patch?

Postby peanutismint » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:19 pm

Yeah they're both really useful ideas! Thanks!! :)
peanutismint

Return to Technical Talk