Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Kick Drum with D-Beam

Read and write articles, faq's, tips/tricks, tutorials and other forms of helpful information about the Gaia.

Kick Drum with D-Beam

Postby rob » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:37 am

Maybe this isn't such a secret, but I just realized that in addition to assigning pitch, volume and basically any knob to the D-Beam you can also use it to triggere a kick and a hit.

- To set the D-Beam to trigger a kick drum press the volume button twice (from it's off state) until it flashes red. You can now pass your hand over the D-Beam to trigger a kick.

- To set the D-Beam to trigger an orchestral hit press the pitch button twice (from it's off state) until it flashes red. You can now trigger a hit by passing your hand over the D-Beam.

Anyone know of any other functionality the D-Beam has?

Rob
rob

Re: Kick Drum with D-Beam

Postby Grauw » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Oh, nice find!
Grauw

Postby rob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:15 am

Here's the video that I saw it in:
rob

Postby nicktem » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 pm

I knew about the Kick with the D-Beam but didn't know exactly how to get it. Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can record this as MIDI info?
(I know, I know, I could try myself but I'm at work now and that's why forums are here ;) )
nicktem

Postby rob » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:17 am

I just checked this in Cubase...I don't get any midi "note" signal coming in when playing the d-beam kick drum.
In fact, when in kick drum mode, the Gaia doesn't seem to send any controller messages either.
rob

GaiaUsers.com • Post a reply

Postby Jixept » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:21 pm

I just checked this in Cubase...I don't get any midi "note" signal coming in when playing the d-beam kick drum.In fact, when in kick drum mode, the Gaia doesn't seem to send any controller messages either.

:(
Jixept

Postby Grauw » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:58 pm

rob wrote:I just checked this in Cubase...I don't get any midi "note" signal coming in when playing the d-beam kick drum.
In fact, when in kick drum mode, the Gaia doesn't seem to send any controller messages either.

I don’t get a note message when playing the kick drum, but controller messages arrive fine…
Grauw

Return to Articles and Tutorials