Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Design update

I want this to be useful for Gaia users and composers in general. Let's have some feedback, what can we do to make this a more valuable resource?

Design update

Postby Grauw » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Nice design update! Two remarks though:

* Put a little less space between the title and the red bars. Right now it’s just using up so much of the screen space that the actual post content only appears halfway the screen.

* The remember-me functionality when logging in doesn’t seem to work. It looks to me like it’s related to the fact that the site doesn’t use cookies for storing the sessions - shown by the sid in the link, and the fact that Firefox says no cookies are stored for this site. (Adding the following line to my .htaccess-file fixed similar PHP problems for me in the past, maybe worth giving it a try: "php_flag session.use_trans_sid off").

* When I submit a reply, the colour of the links back to the original post are a bit too undistinguishable from the regular text’s colour. Same problem for e.g. the BBCode link in the text on the right when editing a post. It should be a tad lighter gray to make them more visible.
Grauw

Re: Design update

Postby rob » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:17 pm

Thanks for the review! All great suggestions. The remember me - session vs cookie thing will be my first priority. :)
rob

Re: Design update

Postby Grauw » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Looks like the sessions are now working, great :).
Grauw

Return to Suggestions