Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Acoustic piano sound

Share your custom Gaia patches here! Download new Gaia patches here!

Acoustic piano sound

Postby Jungle84 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:52 am

So, the thing is that I came to know that there is no acoustic piano sound on Roland Gaia AFTER I bought it, and it really pissed me off )))

So I decided to make a sound myself and here is what I came up with.

I tried to get some kind of an old, slightly detuned piano sound. And it sounds kinda like that on the mids and highs. On the low-end it sounds nothing like piano at all...

If someone who has more experience (this is actually my first patch) could take it further to the natural sound it would be great!
Attachments
old_piano.gaia
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 2015 times
Jungle84

Re: Acoustic piano sound

Postby Rigil » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:46 am

Nice patch, that is a pretty useful sound. I tried to emulate an electric piano sound myself, this is what I achieved.
http://www.gaiausers.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=590

The gaia does have an acoustic midi piano, which is only accessible when you play through a DAW and change midi channel to 2 or above.

It would have been so much more useful to be able to push a couple of buttons and be able to access all of the midi sound set from the front panel, I'm surprised Roland never made this option available.

Keep posting any good patches you come up with.
Rigil

Postby selbydoodl » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:00 pm

Just got my GAIA at the weekend.

Can anyone please help me to download the piano patch into the thing?

Also are there any more piano patches that you are aware of?

I have to tell you that I am a bit of a dinosaur so simply does it please.
selbydoodl

Postby Grauw » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi selbydoodl,

You need to download the Gaia tool and connect your GAIA to your PC via USB or MIDI. Then you can open the patch through the file menu and it’ll be sent to the Gaia.
Grauw

Postby rhrock3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 am

Hey Grauw!
Firstly, thanks for creating the Gaia Tool, from your website it looks and sounds awesome.
I am having some trouble getting the program to connect to my gaia, using a Macbook Pro (this years model) through the USB connection.
Any idea what I might be doing wrong? When I play a note on the gaia, the program is receiving the on/off signals, but when I try to do anything else
it doesnt recognise the connection. Cheers
rhrock3

Postby rhrock3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:02 am

Actually, sorry guys...all it took was to turn it on and off again a second time.

IT Crowd moment there...my bad! haha... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2FB1P_Mn8
rhrock3

Postby Grauw » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:50 pm

Hehe, I love the IT crowd :).

But good to hear that a restart fixed it for you. Actually last week someone else had trouble getting it to work on OS X as well, and it mysteriously started working, so maybe he had the same issue. I’ve added a note to the MMJ installation instructions to reboot the system after installing.
Grauw

Return to Gaia Patches