Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

What Styles of Music do you Create?

Post music you've created using the Gaia. Tell us what sections the Gaia is used in and the techniques you used while producing the track.

What Styles of Music do you Create?

Postby rob » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 am

I'm really into house/trance/hip-hop styles and have been listening to a lot of Deadmau5 and David Guetta lately, and a lot of my compositions are in that vein. In my band we definitely play to this style.

I am, however, prone to write music that's better suited for film a lot of the time. Sad films.

Since I've purchased the SH-01 I've been inspired in both these areas tremendously.

What styles are you doing with the Gaia?
rob

Re: What Styles of Music do you Create?

Postby Hold the Line! » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:35 am

I use the GAIA mostly for pop/rock. To be honest I prefer Kurzweil's sound (I own a PC3 and the onboard VA1 has a more raw, angry, analog sound) but the GAIA is much easier to operate with, especially in a live show. The PC3 doesn't have as much dedicated knobs/sliders, but once you learn the V.A.S.T. programming you can make really great sounds. But I'm not there yet, so for now the GAIA is much more user firendly and I very much like to have it on stage :)
Hold the Line!

Postby setz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:23 pm

i am hoping to get vintage organ sounds out of the gaia. like deep purple/doors but also some newer indie rock sounds as well.
setz

Postby RedYellowRed » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 am

This is a Gaia forum so the swift answer to that one is Berlin School instrumentals. I've only had the synth for a couple of months and I'm no keyboard player, so it's early days yet, but you'll find my recordings thus far at http://soundcloud.com/redyellowred.

Otherwise, I've been a guitarist for years and I've immersed myself in the blues. I practically breathe the stuff. I have a delta blues ministry and my music can be found at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=960260.

My electronic music influences are Redshift, Tangerine Dream, Eno, Robert Fripp, Moonweed (Tim Blake) and a few others, but even the sounds of nature can inspire me. In terms of blues, I love Son House, the three Kings, Peter Green, S R Vaughan, Buddy Guy and more.

I'd be glad of any feedback, if anyone wants to listen to the electronic music and say hello.
RedYellowRed

Postby Orxris » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm gonna say it... Dubstep. The Gaia is my first synth, and it;s getting better and better every day, so close to getting a decent sound to use in the breakdown/drops. Something squelchier than skrillex, less metallic. I'm gonna get there in the end.
Orxris

Postby Rigil » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 pm

RedYellowRed wrote:I'd be glad of any feedback, if anyone wants to listen to the electronic music and say hello.

I really enjoyed listening to your music on soundcloud. Also, the Blues songs are great. Especially, like the sound of the steel guitar.
Rigil

Return to Gaia Music