Check out my new site: FreeDaBeat.com!

Contest

Post music you've created using the Gaia. Tell us what sections the Gaia is used in and the techniques you used while producing the track.

Contest

Postby oxygen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:17 am

http://www.roland.ca/files/broadcast/im ... terENG.pdf

Roland Synthesizer Contest 2011 brought to you by Roland Canada

Compose, Submit, Win! (maybe…)

The Roland Synthesizer Contest returns for a fourth year and promises to be bigger and better than ever!

You could win an all-expenses-paid trip to MUTEK, Canada’s premier electronic music festival, where your composition will be featured at the Roland Synth Contest National Finals event! Cool? We think so!

Here’s How to Enter:

Get creative and send us an MP3 file (max. 3 entries per person or musical group) of your best 3-5 minute synth-based composition by Friday, April 29th, 2011. There are two ways to send us your synth-tastic entries:

Email your composition(s) to contests@roland.ca along with a fully-completed, scanned copy of the contest entry form (downloadable below).
For larger files, you may upload them to the Roland Synthesizer Contest file dropbox(dropbox.yousendit.com/rolandsynthcontest) along with a fully-completed, scanned copy of the contest entry form (downloadable below).
Last but not least – don’t forget to read the contest rules and regulations (downloadable below)!
The top three semi-finalists will win an all-expenses-paid trip to Montreal to compete at the National Finals event for the Grand Prize Package worth over $5,000!

Grand Prize:

Roland GAIA SH-01 Synthesizer plus carry case and GAIA Synthesizer Sound DesignerSoftware
Roland AX-SYNTH Shoulder Synthesizer
Roland VP-7 Vocal Processor
Roland R-05 WAV/MP3 Recorder
Roland CS-10EM Binaural Microphone Earphones
Cakewalk SONAR Rapture
Cakewalk SONAR X1 Producer
Roland RH-D30 Monitor Headphones
oxygen

Re: Contest

Postby Rigil » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am

It's worth pointing out.

Entrants must be a permanent resident of Canada and 18
years of age or older at the time of entry.
That rules out all european entries. Pity.

Semi‐finalists must declare, within 48 hours of being
notified that they have been selected as a semi‐finalist,
that they are able to travel to Montreal, QC for the
National Finals.

rules and details of competition entry information are here

http://www.roland.ca/default.asp?c=241
Rigil

Postby Mathlar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:21 am

That's Canadian students and unemployed people only then?

Aside from being ineligible, I feel a little underwhelmed by the prizes. A second Gaia doesn't really make sense. I'd prefer to have an SP404 instead. The keytar gets good reviews though.
Mathlar

Postby Hold the Line! » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm

Luckily we have a Canadian guy in our band :D

Well, there will also people that don't own a Gaia yet participating, so that makes sense.
Hold the Line!

Postby Mathlar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Ah, I should read more carefully. I though for a minute it meant a Gaia-based composition...
Mathlar

Return to Gaia Music